Sunday, October 12, 2008

Houston's 1st day of 1st grade!!!



I can't believe my baby is in the first grade! I am one of his homeroom mom's and I LOVE it! We love his teacher and Houston loves her too...loves getting a recess everyday, eating lunch with his friends and getting to go to P.E. My friend Amy gave me the great idea of making "back-to-school cones" for my kids...so I did for their first day of school! I packed it with some fun little gifts and we made a special breakfast (butterflies out of biscuits..didn't get a pic though). Oh, I don't have any pictures of Houston in front of his school on the first day...we get out of the van, I have my camera in hand and when we get to the steps to walk in, I ask him to get right in front of the steps so that I can take a picture of him on the first day of school...just like all of the other kids and parents around us! He looked at me in all seriousness and said, "Mom, no way! That is embarrassing!" Man, I thought I still had a few years left before I heard that! Guess not with this child! After I picked him up from his first day of school, we stopped at Starbucks for some hot chocolate...it was chilly that day.

No comments: